Saturday, 7 August 2010

Survived the night.


All 4 baby chicks are present and correct and eating this morning.

I had a real fight, - injury visible but no actual blood!

Snowflake (no ring) does not like me telling her to go to bed and take her chicks. It took me over 30 minutes to get her and her chicks into the bed chamber last evening and I don't think it did any of us any good. I will have to try a new method this evening.

Apart from Snowflake's excessive aggression the chicks are so little and timid that they make no effort to climb into the bed chamber. Have you ever tried lifting chicks on the end of a garden cane which is passing through chicken wire and dropping them into a slightly open doorway whilst holding the door closed to prevent a raging beast from battering down said door?

I have.


Viewed from the lounge late yesterday afternoon:-

Mother Green Woodpecker feeding 2 almost full grown youngsters whilst Moorhens and Rabbits graze.

No comments:

Post a Comment